These are the key things that you need to know as our school prepares to open at Alert Level 2 from Thursday 9th of September 2021.
As announced by the Prime Minister this afternoon, schools outside of Auckland are open for instruction from Thursday morning.
To prepare for this tomorrow and Wednesday have been designated as Teacher Only Days by the MOE. This is to give the staff and school time to prepare for the return of students. This means there will be no online learning on these days and we will not be able to host students at school.
This should give your son time to get ready for school, to finish off any assignments or generally 'decompress' and get ready for his return. You would be amazed how many ties get lost!
Some key points:
1. The Hostel will open from 3pm on Wednesday 8th September.
2. School will begin, as normal at 8.50am on Thursday and your son will follow his normal timetable.
3. The wearing of masks, inside the school, is recommended, not mandatory, but I believe mask wearing, to and from school is. A student on a public bus MUST wear a mask.
4. The school canteen will be open, with strict limits on flows and numbers. The toaster machines will not be available. The breakfast club will run.
5. Parents are encouraged to communicate through the school telephone or email services, not to come in unless you have an appointment. If you come into the school you must sign in using the app or the I-pad in reception. Please wait in reception to be directed.
6. We are not aware of any after school sport or tournaments running yet, specific information about that will come shortly once we have clarity. The same applies for cultural activities.
7. The basic rules of thumb, to prevent possible infection still follow:
a. Cover your mouth and nose when you sneeze or cough.
b. Wash hands regularly, there is sanitizer available in each classroom and the bathrooms are well stocked with soap.
c. If your son is unwell, he must stay at home, and if he has cold or flu like symptoms, he must get a covid test.
8. Students are not required to be vaccinated to attend school, but we are following the Ministry of Health guidelines which recommend it.
School holidays remain unchanged. We break up on Friday 1st of October.
I am really pleased that we are back, certainly I believe that inside the classroom is the best place for your son to learn.
Thank you for working with us during this difficult period and as we head back to school.