10G returned from their week at camp last Friday. Riley Thompson tells us what the highlights were for him.
- Kayaking was the best thing about camp. I had never been kayaking before and going down the river and through the rapids was really cool. The first rapid was the worst - but I didn't fall out and it made me confident for the rest of the river.
- Overnight Camp making fires. Having to look after ourselves - cooking our own tea of pasta/sausages/rice risotto. Lots of yarns around the camp fires helped to get to know each other even better.
- Rob Roy Glacier - The walk up to it was quite long but it was worth it when we got there. Although the sky was grey, the scenery was perfect. Everyone should go up there at least once in their life time.
- Bonding and mixing with the boys in my class. Being in the hostel, I don't really get to spend time with the day boys, so it was good to spend time together and get to know each other better.
- Glow worms after dusk, we trekked up a nearby stream bed to where the glow worms live. There were thousands! It was awesome when we turned off our torches and could see almost as well as we had with our torches on.
- Chill Day the last day we got to do all the things we liked best again. Kayaking and lunch down by the river. Some people built rock walls and dams while others swam in the cold water up at Wishbone Falls.
Sounds like a great week!