By Richard Hall | Posted: Sunday February 14, 2021
As you will be aware, the government has moved Otago to Alert Level 2 from 11.59pm tonight. This is in response to community transmission in Auckland.
For us, level 2 means school operates as normal for everyone. There are however, some things to be aware of.
1. If your son is sick or feeling unwell, or has a condition that means he is vulnerable, he should stay away from school. Online learning will be available to all students through google classroom. Lessons will not be streamed and staff will not be using video chat etc, unless we move to level 3 or 4.
2. The Timaru BHS inter school has been postponed. We have been in touch with Timaru and have agreed that travelling, billeting and being in a different bubble did not make sense.
3. The canteen will remain open, but numbers inside will be restricted. Only boys purchasing food will be allowed in.
4. The other school trips, scheduled from Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday have also been postponed.
5. Monday's timetable will be as normal, there may be a change on Tuesday for Years 11-13, I will communicate that tomorrow if so.
6. The hostel will remain open, they have their own protocols which have been put in place.
7. Sports and cultural practices remain on, as they are in our bubble and there are less than 100.
The school office will be open, but only for telephone or email messages. Meetings with staff, including myself will still be on, please wait in the foyer and use our QR code on the door. Please do not call in, unless it is an emergency.
The main protection is for your son to remain vigilant around safe hygiene practices. Hand sanitizer is available, as is soap in all of the bathrooms.
Let's hope this is only for a short time - thank you for your assistance.